Edited by Anna-Marie Fitzgerald and Phoebe Frangoul
Pamflet XI is a A5 zine, with a powder pink cover, put together by the hilarious Anna-Marie and Phoebe. This issue is dedicated to girl gangs (yay!) and features:
- MMORPG girls “Quake is well know form its hyper macho imagery of big guns, small heads and smack talk”
- why modern drag queens are disappointing “placid, tame and un-rebellious”
- why dandys suck
- Grazia gripes & isms, including “their stoic dedication to the epic crapness which is gossip girl”
- American apparel sexism
- my favourite feminists
- beth ditto love
- reviews (inc kamikaze girls – “makes you wanna join a girl gang”)
- the mitfords “the glorious girls are fascinating and repulsive in equal measure”
- jarvis cocker
- a short story about stand up and more besides.
The writing is funny, engaging and enthusiastic. There are lists (always super) photos of Pamflet shenanigans and brilliant original illustrations.
Need any more convincing? Vogue describes it as “Hogarthian (Ed. - eh?*) graphics and modern feminism.”
Pamflet have a blog http://pamfletzine.blogspot.com/ and a myspace http://myspace.com/pamflet Visit them to find out more.